Spied on and betrayed

  Today I discovered a traitor in my midst. Arguably they have my best interests at heart but it came as a bit of a shock when I found out that for years, hiding in my pocket, was a spy making notes about my movements. I suggest you pay close attention because if you're lucky enough to own an iPhone, you're in the same boat.

  If you're interested in counting your steps as a measure of your fitness there are loads of apps to help you but they all need the cooperation of the Health app that comes pre-installed. One thing this app does is keep a record of your activity, whether you asked it to or not. Go on, have a look. You'll see a history of your slovenly behaviour going back for as long as you've had the phone. This might make depressing reading but you can turn it to your advantage. I'm told ten thousand steps is a good daily target and seeing as you don't need any other fancy expensive gizmos to help, you can start keeping an eye on how much walking you're doing. Turns out I'm not doing nearly enough.
Image
  Another feature that I was unaware of until today, is an extraordinarily sensible function that lets people find your emergency info, even if the phone is locked. This is better than the ICE (In Case of Emergency) idea, which is useless if the phone is locked. You'll need to access the Health app and find the section called, 'Medical ID' to set it up, but once it has been done, all someone has to do is go to the screen in the picture above and press, 'Emergency'.

  This reveals another screen that gives you access to a keyboard that enables you to dial the emergency services and also to a button that reveals emergency medical information about yourself, including, (and this is the genius part), a facility to dial people you have designated as emergency contacts, without having to unlock the phone.

  I'm not sure if you've heard about this already and I'm just a bit late to the party but as a biker, I'll be making sure I spread the word as this could be a lifesaver. It might also be useful if you have a heart attack because of all the extra walking you'll be doing.





​​​​​​​
Kirk out of breath




Chefsebastian.com

Comments

Popular Posts