Again with the quiche

  It seems like only a short time ago I was making quiche. What's amazing about that statement is that I actually remember and that's a good thing because I'll not bore you with the same blog post about how much fun it is. I'm really happy with this one besides being a weapons grade wombat and sticking my finger through the pastry as I was taking it out of the oven.

  A quick glance at the picture below will reveal not only a pretty pattern but a gaping hole in the pastry where I rushed the removal of the pastry case from the oven. What a major cockwomble. Anyway, after a lot of swearing, I plugged the hole with a slice of smoked salmon and amazingly it didn't leak.
Image
  I'm really happy with how the pastry came out and I can't wait to sink my teeth in it to savour the goats cheese, tenderstem broccoli and smoked salmon that are lurking beneath the grilled asparagus. Et voila! Because of time travel, I've just finished eating the plate you can see below and it was so good, I had seconds. Yehaa!
Image
  Cos I gave you a bunch of helpful hints last time I made a quiche, this time I'll tell you all about tiramisu. After not having any for ages, I've suddenly gone tiramisu bonkers. After the disappointment of the one in the restaurant in Belgium, I made one for us bikers to enjoy. But apparently that wasn't enough. Because I'm going to a friend's birthday after I've written this, and because she'd told me she hasn't organised a birthday cake, and because she loves tiramisu, I've made a... well, I'm sure you can joint the dots.

​​​​​​​  Oddly, tiramisu makes a great cake. I'm sure you've normally seen it served straight from a bowl but not being a slave to convention I thought I'd see if I could turn one out and get it to stand up on its own. Turns out it works a treat (and is a treat) and is an excellent excuse to eat more tiramisu, which has to be a good thing. With any luck I'll remember to take a picture of it before it gets scoffed. Come back tomorrow to see how helpful my memory is.




Kirk out




Chefsebastian.com

Comments

Popular Posts