Back to normal.

  ...whatever normal means. What I mean is that after a two week trial, I'm ditching the vegan options and embracing my usual wider selection of ingredients. Funnily, though I hadn't noticed a major difference when I gave up flesh, eggs and dairy, I did notice it when they got reintroduced.

​​​​​​​  Let's not be silly, I didn't rush off and pile into a bacon cheeseburger, cheese fries and large shake as if I'd just been rescued from a desert island. All I had was smoked salmon and poached eggs yet its presence was noticed over the delicate vegetable only fayre of the last two weeks.
Image
Sweet potato, egg, smoked salmon, salad and mushroom.
  The vegan experience has been interesting but not much more. I don't see me going vegan permanently any time soon as I felt that there didn't notice much difference. I'd seen a documentary where a few folk had been persuaded to give it a go and their lives were transformed, but these were not super healthy, clean eating people who wanted to make their food choices even cleaner. Their lives were changed considerably but that's quite understandable.

  The other thing I took from the experience was the realisation that vegan doesn't mean healthy. I'd have to speak to a bunch of vegans to find out more but my guess is that most of them do make the effort to eat healthily too. This will certainly be a line of enquiry when I come across any of them. If you know any vegans and remember to ask them, I'd be curious to hear what they say.

  As a total non sequitur, I went to a friends birthday. It was in a bowling alley where there was a restaurant and bar. After I made an abysmal effort to knock down pins, we got a table. It will come as no surprise that I chose to spectate which turned out to be the right decision. The nice fella opposite me ordered a grilled chicken dish. However, when it arrived he called the manager and politely explained that he had no intention of paying twelve pounds for the disappointing plate that had been presented. The plate was promptly removed. Tomorrow, back to basics.

​​​​​​​


Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts