Do what you love...

...and you never work a day in your life. Or so they say. And I'm bubbling with exuberance as I'm inclined to agree. All this waffle is because I've just been asked to cook for a friends umpteenth birthday. It's a big one, but as I'm a proper gent, I'll not be revealing exactly how big, though the amount of cooking will certainly be, (a buffet for thirty).

  We just had a proper chat about what was going to be laid out in the spread. It's going to be mighty delicious but before I roll up my sleeves and start cooking, there's another joyful task that needs to be completed; the creation of the lists.
Image
Magic wands or torture instruments?
  I was about to cure your insomnia with a list of the lists but stopped myself. Oh alright, a brief glimpse, there's things to buy and things to prepare and things to cook. Ohhh, I can feel even the thought of lists is getting me frothy. How can I be getting excited just by the thought of making lists?

  You're starting to get a taste of how joyful I find this sort of thing. What I also find exhilarating is when you find cooking a joy too. If at this point you find yourself rolling your eyes and muttering something like, 'No chance!' then let me tell you about this little theory I have.

  We learn about cooking and eating very early. You may have been involved in the process from a when you were very young and have a lot of happy associations of cooking and eating as a family or you may have hated the whole thing because you were kept out of the kitchen while whoever was in there miserably prepared the obligatory sustenance, before you all were forced to eat the junk in front of you. I think we learned very early if cooking and eating was fun or purgatory. Stay tuned because I'll be exploring this more in the next episode.





Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts