Nothing says I love you like...

  This is part of my personal relationship with food but it's worth sharing. Where I've spent this week talking about what might stand in your way, I'm going to offer something of what drives me. Though it's a powerful force, it sits quietly in the background pushing me on. 

  Not only am I not really aware of it but it was something that hadn't occurred to me for a long time. What I realised is that for me, cooking is a form of expression. A very pure form of communication. What it generally seems to be saying is, 'I love you'
Image
How about a little slice of I think you're amazing?
  Like any relationship, I have my ups and downs. There are days where I'm convinced I can't cook. Other days I'll cook something and I find myself on the verge of tears I'm so happy with the results. Despite al this, there is always motivation, and a lot more motivation when there's someone else involved.

  I do occasionally make the effort to cook for myself but if there's another mouth to feed then all the stops get pulled out. There's no more that I can do for my guests than to take the time to cook and truly nourish them, (in more ways than just physically).

​​​​​​​  Though I'm obviously very comfortable in a kitchen, but I know there are definitely recipes that you can cook without stressing too much about it. I offer this perspective as something to reflect on. Instead of cooking because you have to, see if you can connect with what it is you're doing for whoever is eating and really let them know how you feel.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts