Delicious-style food

  The first room to be completed was the bathroom which, no pun intended, was a relief. That was clearly an almost non-existent pun and therefore my mentioning that no pun had been intended clearly demonstr... (I'm not going to let you wonder off topic this early. -Ed).

​​​​​​​  As they know I'm pressed for time, my lovely decorators are happy to work late, so by the time you read this there's a very good chance that not only will I be back in the kitchen but I might even be able to sleep in my own bed again.Bliss! As lovely as my couch is, it just ain't the same. But enough of my nonsense, what about food? Check this advert out and tell me what thoughts you notice.
Image
  The thing that caught my eye was the tantalising bonus that the chicken in the sandwich is genuine 'rotisserie-style'.  I'm always amused by anything 'in the style of' and my favourite has to be something I saw that had 'gold-style plating'. (Mmmm, tasteful.) With that in mind, and having never heard of something that was rotisserie-style, I sought out the small print at the bottom of the ad.
Image
  Wow, that's uncomfortable reading. There were clearly some painful 'trade descriptions act-style' hoops that the ad agency needed to jump through to get this ad passed. Imagine not even being able to call it 'rotisserie-style' without some sort of awkward disclaimer. I tried unsuccessfully to look up the trade descriptions act's definition of rotisserie as I've never heard of 'hand tearing' being an integral part of the process but who knows?

  What I do know is that if you're willing or able to accept their marinated, seared, hand torn shit as a substitute for actual rotisserie chicken you need help. But you didn't need to read this pile of literature-style nonsense to be told that.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts