Eight hundred and going strong

  Hello good evening and welcome to transmission number eight hundred. That's right, I've been doing this daily for the last eight hundred days. I clearly haven't got much else to do. Anyway, on with the show.

  While shopping in a massive supermarket, I noticed they had over-ordered loads of bags of kale and were trying to off load it. As much as I love kale, I had no interest because of how these morons sell it, i.e. shredded, but it reminded me of something.
Image
  There's little more one can do to demoralise even the staunchest healthy eater than to serve up whole shredded kale. Because the spines are left in the leaves before shredding, it is nothing more than a festival of endless chewing as it is so fibrous. Worryingly, the supermarkets must be selling it as they keep stocking it. I've no idea who would do this to themselves.

  What I'm holding above is a packet I bought. (You might have noticed it is labelled cavolo nero but that translates to black kale so there's no trickery going on). It is very easy to remove the fibrous spines from the rest of the leaf, which I then shred, making the eating experience a lot more enjoyable.

  I just thought, next time you're in a supermarket ask them for kale. When they show you the rubbish stuff, (pre-shredded with the spine), turn your nose up in disdain and demand they stock the proper whole version. With any luck the supermarkets will start stocking the real deal instead of their bags of miserable punishment.


​​​​​​​

Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts