Feeling productive

  As I'm in such a busy creative environment I've been inspired to get a few lingering tasks of my own out of the way. One that's been regularly postponed is the mounting of a brake light switch on each of my bikes. (Warning, this may start to sound like gibberish. -Ed). They both have rear sets and the manufacturers often overlook a proper mount for the rear brake light switch.

  On the Fz1, it wasn't too difficult. The designers had almost got it right but the spring was snagging slightly so a judiciously placed bolt too care of that. One down, one to go. The MT09 was a bit trickier. I needed to mount the switch in a different place and the original brake light switch mount was too big to fit between the swing arm and rear sets, exactly the place it needed to go.
Image
  Fortunately, my buddy at the metal shop had said I could use his place for this sort of thing so I headed over to avail upon his kindness. You can see the result above along with oversize original. It may not win any beauty contests, which is fine because you can't see it in place, but it's perfect for the job. Happiness is a working brake light. Next job, replace the gear selector rod.

  Monday's dinner is progressing steadily but for one glitch, they weren't sure about the main course I had proposed. They wanted, and she paused to choose her words carefully, a more traditional plate in terms of a meat and two veg kind of layout. The one I had in mind, with a chicken caesar, fried slices of risotto on a broccoli puree with roasted butternut squash was a bit experimental for their conservative tastes. Not too surprising considering they are French.

  The solution I found isn't as adventurous, (shame) but is less work, (a small bonus). I'll basically be roasting the chicken and serving it with a tarragon cream sauce and the risotto will be served wet, not set and fried. I'm sure it'll still be something to be proud of. The other bit of news is that my kitchen should be ready enough to start moving my stuff back into tomorrow. Yehaa!

  


Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts