I do love a challenge

  As briefly as possible, (You? Brief? No chance -Ed), I've got five hours till my alarm goes off but I just have to tell you about my day. If you've had nothing better to do you may have been following my adventures with interest and will know a couple of weeks ago, my mrs. went to South Africa.

​​​​​​​  Since she left I've catered two events and wrangled a crew of builder/decorators as they spruced up my entire flat. As I've had to live here while this has been going on, not only have I had to live without a bathroom or bed for a couple of days but I had to do the cooking.
Image
Just before we discovered.
  As I write this, my wife's about half way through her flight, and as I wanted everything to be finished in time for her arrival at 6:30am, today has been a bit of a whirlwind. Three decorators and a cleaner zapped around getting finishing touches crossed off final lists with all the activity culminating in a huge purge of all their equipment so the final clean could happen.

  It was about this time that we discovered the boiler had stopped working. It may have been 2:30 or 3ish but all of a sudden we had a situation. A major situation! Amazingly, a plumber who is part of their crew was able to head over. He pulled up just as the van with the painters was leaving, about 4:30, and headed in to run some diagnostics. The fan wasn't working and it was now ten to five.

  He knew of a place a few miles up the A10, (and therefore loaded with rush hour traffic), which would be open and had a replacement in stock. He was willing to drive up there for me but I had a better idea, which, as you may have guessed, involved two wheels. He told me he was scared, I reassured him, gave him a helmet and off we went. Gently.

  Fan purchased, we headed back and, I'm ecstatic to tell you, fixed the boiler. It was then he told me that not only had he never been on a motorcycle, but also why: when he was a youngster, his dad was knocked off a motorbike, put into a coma and had a leg amputated. It looks like he got over his fear and really enjoyed the ride.

  Anyway, my lovely lady is blissfuly unaware of all this but I'm certainly going to enjoy telling her on our ride home from the airport. I'm still finding it a bit hard to believe I managed to get it all done but I guess some things are just meant to be.
Catch you tomorrow.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts