It's the end of the world as we know it...

  ...and (as I had planned), I feel fine.
  Cosmo is holidaying on some sunny Greek island in a ropey villa with plumbing that would give Morris Escher a headache. You can see what I'm talking about below. Mind boggling! Anyway, we were having a chat about beaches and blocked sinks when health came up.

  Call me a pessimist but I'm pretty convinced we (as a species) will not be around too long. As well as being a pessimist, I also like to be pleasantly surprised instead of horribly disappointed so being proved wrong would be a bonus. Even if we're not wiped out for some reason there's always the chance I'd make it to old age. And this is where my conversation with Cosmo is relevant.
Image
  It's always easier to find motivation for the effort involved to stay healthy if you have a reason, besides simply knowing that is it is good for you. As you well know, I'm pretty motivated to make sure the majority of what I eat is healthy but this is not because I want to live a long time. In fact, the idea of growing old sounds really unattractive. So why do I bother eating healthily?

  Imagine you buy a car. You love it and never have any intention of selling it. It does everything you want it to do and it is your wish to be buried in it. To make sure you don't spend a fortune getting it repaired and to make sure it doesn't spend a lot of unnecessary time in the garage, you keep it well maintained. 

  I'd love to spend ages labouring the point until you beg me to shut up but I've a dinner to cook. Come back tomorrow where there's a good chance I'll be a little bit delirious and full of excitement about tomorrow's extravaganza. 




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts