On an impulse

  In a fit of rampant spontaneity I decided to go for a ride today. I hopped on my bike and headed down to Raynes park which, according to google maps, is the best part of fifteen miles away. So far so unremarkable, you might be thinking except that I did it on a bicycle.

  Having offered to give my bike to my father in law, I thought I'd deliver it in person and what better a way than to ride it over. What was really surprising was it only took me an hour and ten. That's pretty good going when the average time on a motorcycle is about forty, though I do spend a lot more time at traffic lights on the motorbike.
Image
  The most traumatic part of the whole experience was, (and I shudder at the thought of it), taking public transport home. I'm still baffled by the number of people who choose to take public transport over riding a motorcycle. I just don't get it.

  Other excitement is the joy of supper clubs. I've been putting final touches to a plan for later in September when I'm off to a place in Stroud. I'm not being deliberately mysterious, the plan is to tell you all the details when the poster is ready.

  Also on the horizon is the Berlin excursion. It's happening in September too and at the moment the plan is to go there for a week and cook three events. I'm not sure if this is realistic yet but I'll be posting while I'm there so we'll find out together. It's at this point I realise I'm gibbering as my body has found a way to complain that I overused it without getting the proper permission. I'm off for a shower and a lie down.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts