A busy day off

  Fortunately I was able to have a lie in this morning, which was much appreciated after yesterday's fun, full day. Time gave me the opportunity to reflect on last night's shenanigans and I had an interesting realisation. As soon as the flag dropped and the feeding began, everyone was super enthusiastic about stuffing food in any mouth in the vicinity. 

  However, at no point, (that I noticed), did anyone walk up to anyone else and ask to be fed. There's not a lot I can do about it now but I'll certainly be incorporating this information into the next feeding related soiree especially as it seems to be what people find most uncomfortable.
Image
  Though there wasn't another dinner to cook for tonight, I still had plenty of prep for tomorrow, including a mammoth session in the supermarket. Though you wouldn't recognise it just from the picture above, the fine folk running the show here are just as enthusiastic about giving their customers the opportunity to get into the christmas spirit. I'm past caring though as we're nearing the end of September, so this is already pretty late news.

  Back in the gallery I got to work and concentrated on soups. I'm serving broccoli with miso as a starter as it's both delicious and easy. The ingredients list is quite extensive so pay attention. You'll need broccoli, water and miso. Boil the broccoli in the water. Blend and add miso to taste. That's it and it's stupendous. Tomorrow night's main course is a noodle dish in a broth so I also made that.

  I made some biscuits for the dessert too and I would tell you about that, but it's suddenly late so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. The other excitement from today is that more bookings have been coming in and, most significantly, a couple from Wednesday night are coming back on Saturday, so I must have been doing something right. Now, sleep.



Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts