Have knives, will travel

  Firstly, I've had my first mince pie sighting, but I was beaten by Mrs. Scoggis in Brighton who spotted some in her local Sainsbury's on Saturday. Mine is pictured below in Gatwick at seven this morning and seems like good deal as one box is £6.

  More importantly, at long last I’m actually going to tell you about Berlin.  Not in a, ‘have you heard that in Germany there’s…, kind of way, but because for ages I’ve been hinting about some impending activity over there. As I write this, I’m sitting comfortably on board, waiting for air traffic control to tell us we’re ok to take off.

  Just before I do though, a quick update on another story. You may remember that my lady’s bike was stolen. While I was in Wales she got a call from the coppers saying they’d found it and it was safely in a pound. Half an hour after arriving home from the ride from Wales, I was with her in our car going to collect it. Besides a smashed lock it’s fine and will be repaired upon my return. With that mission completed, I turned my attention to packing for Berlin, of which more soon, and dived into bed for a few hours before the usual early morning dash to Gatwick for an 8am flight. Right, now we’re up to date, what’s happening in Berlin?
Image
Somehow I managed to resist.
  I have a friend who has an art gallery there and after chatting to him about the supper clubs I’ve been doing, he got in touch to ask if I’d be interested in doing some in his gallery. What a fantastic opportunity, I thought. I get to visit a city I’ve never been to, get shown around by a local and get to cook there too. What could be better? (Answer, he has a motorbike for us to zip about on. Perfect!)

  We’ve planned three over the week, all different and all exciting in their own way. The first one is on Wednesday so I've a couple of days to get my shit sorted so the first guests enjoy a night to remember. I just thought that I'll save more details on that till later so now for a change of subject.

  Hours have passed since I started writing and I've had an amazing day in Berlin. The most striking feature was the ghost of The wall. Though there are a few actual original features, the way it has been commemorated is what creates the strongest impression. As for the rest of what I saw, the place somehow manages to be vibrant and chilled. My host, who is an enthusiastic guide, made sure our little tour included a lot of food related stops. Though I brought a few choice ingredients, I'm sure I'll have no trouble getting the rest of the ingredients I need.

  It's been a long day so I'm heading for bed. Come back tomorrow cos I'm sure there'll be loads to tell you.


​​​​​​​

Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts