Not part of the plan

  There are various signs that winter is looming and none of them fill me with joy. The first heartbreaker was putting the winter linings into my bike jackets, (yes, I have a number of them). Then I switch my gloves over to the winter set. (Again, I have a few. A quick count reveals only six pairs, which is quite reasonable, I think). The other event that just happened is, (and I shudder a bit at what I've got to look forward to), my hands were cold for the first time. Sigh.

  Anyway. My homies and I, maybe slightly hopefully, had arranged a last hurrah which was supposed to be happening in the last rays of the summer sun. Unfortunately, according to the forecast, the sun had different plans so we we're hoping to bask in the occasional rays that glimmer in-between the rain showers. At least, that will happen if the forecast is accurate.
Image
Cold
  I should probably mention that this weekend's jaunt is to that famous sunspot, Wales and as I mentioned, the forecast is err, variable.  I think I'm resigned to the fact that summer's over for this year and the Indian summer that was enthusiastically predicted isn't coming this side of Christmas. The other indicator that I'm bracing myself for months of misery is that I've started putting the heating on. Groan.

​​​​​​​  I don't mean to bring you down with my miserable droning. In fact, I should be rejoicing the fact that me and the fellas are on the road. We've found a little place on AirB&B and should have the chance to rip it up a bit on the Welsh twisties in between showers. I have, of course, packed a knife so I can also get busy in the kitchen if all else fails. ​​​​​​​
 
Image
  I have to admit that the weather on the ride down was way better than expected so, despite my whinging, I'm in a fantastic mood, especially as my front wheel seemed to get poetically airborne on many occasions.

  On the subject of winter, I'm still waiting for the first mince pie sighting. We're already half way through September and I haven't heard of any festive decorations or displays in any supermarkets. Considering that I'll need to take my weather related frustration out somewhere I expect you to get in touch as soon as you spot something. 





Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts