Packing light is for wimps

  How hilarious! Yesterday's post was supposed to include a whole thing about how I was going to cook for a load of people in a kitchen I'd never seen, which meant I had no idea what equipment was available. While my smalls were washing after the Wales trip, I dashed around scooping up a must have tool kit, all the time massively aware that whatever I packed was going on my back for the motorbike ride to the airport and subsequent journey across Berlin to my destination. This could be interesting, I thought, as I reached for my ginger grater.

  The challenge of cooking in an unfamiliar kitchen is something I relish but this added a brand new level of complexity to the task ahead, as well as a little bit of insight. What could I absolutely not be without? The answer, it transpired, included a wok. That's right, of all the tools and utensils that were absolutely necessary, a wok had to come along for the ride.
Image
  What you see above is what I absolutely could not bear to be without and now I'm here I can see I was pretty close. What I didn't expect was to find no big chopping board and no sieve but fortunately I've convinced my hosts that these are absolute necessities so we'll be buying them at some point tomorrow so I'll have all I need.

  As well as all sorts of cooking and shopping, we've had a day of sightseeing and visiting all sorts of interesting bakeries, which would have been rude to refuse. Most of the prep I wanted to get done has been done so I'm pretty chilled about tomorrow. On top of which, it looks like we've enough bookings to make the evening's event work so all is going to plan.

  You'll have noticed you don't have much of a clue about tomorrow night's activities so tune in again soon and, with any luck I'll have enough energy left to tell you what happened and how it all went.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts