time for bed

  To give you an idea of how well the supper club went, it's past two in the morning and I'm writing this before the last guests have left. We've all had a fantastic night and part of it was the really lovely atmosphere that was created. My tip, if you want a great venue to do a supper club, put one on in an art gallery in Berlin.

  To rewind slightly, though the day was full, it felt like we had plenty of time to get everything ready. On the one hand, this meant getting a table ready for fourteen in the middle of the gallery, on the other it meant I had a load of elements to get together in time for a fairly complicated menu. Actually, complicated may not be totally accurate Have a look below and make up your mind.
Image
  As well as serving up the food I delivered a little talk to give context. This was in an art gallery, remember. The show that is running is all about the juxtaposition of perfection and imperfection so I spoke about how there is an expectation for food to be 'perfect' but that creates an... (It's two in the morning and you're talking gibberish. Get on with it and get to bed! -Ed).
Image
  Above is a view of the serious looking but happy customers with their heads down in their noodles. Being rather distracted, I forgot to take a pic of the plates before I served it up so you'll have to imagine what it looked like fresh from the kitchen, but the feedback was that everyone found the meal very delicious. Anyway, it's beyond way past my bedtime so I'm off to count sheep. The next guests arrive in sixteen hours so I'd better hurry.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts