Busy busy

  There's this festival called Diwali, which is something to do with light. As I'm new to it and badly researched I'm not going to say much else or there's a good chance I'll make myself look a total fool. (Which you must be used to by now. -Ed.)​​​​​​​ I think it takes place tomorrow, (it's the Hindu festival of light and it is tomorrow -Ed.), and I've been helping with the preparations, (shopping and cooking basically). Here's us leaving the supermarket, fully laden.
Image
  The afternoon was a festival of chopping, (not an official festival), as the menu for Thursday is a huge stew type dish with plenty of accompaniments. The stew is loads of veg in a tomato sauce along with paneer, the Indian cheese. Paneer is a cross between cheddar and tofu, (cheddar consistency with tofu's flavour), so it needs plenty of help. Fortunately, the maestro knows what she's doing and it tastes amazing. I was given some to take home for my supper, which I presented thus,
Image
  Tomorrow's post would be lots of pics of the party but I've a feeling it'll be going on quite late so you'll probably get a report on Friday. I'm off for a kip cos tomorrow's gonna be a busy one.





Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts