City of Spires

  Just a quickie as it feels like it's been a long weekend. Firstly, on Thursday after I told you about my trip to Blade runner and the associated picket line, I forgot to show you a picture of said demonstration. Here's a the picture along with a reminder that you should spare a thought for the workers at the Picturehouse chain of cinemas and either take my word for it and just boycott both the Picturehouse cinemas and the Cineworld chain, or even do a bit of research so you know more and spread the word so others boycott them too cos they are exploiting their workers. Bastards!
That is, if you want to.
Cos it's a free country.
etc.
Image
Solidarity, Brothers!
  Moving on. The party was a lot of fun, but we also took the opportunity to have a wander round the magnificent, historic city of Oxford and its environs. It just happened that this weekend, the newbies had finished their two week induction process and were now being properly inducted as students in something they called matriculation. This meant dressing up, letting their hair down and celebrating in whatever way they could find.

  It may be a coincidence but we noticed that there were a high number of ambulances roaring around with their lights and sirens on.  We never found out why. Below is a picture taken of the river with some of the students celebrating.​​​​​​​
Image
What a bunch of punts.
  Another bit of news is that I discovered the identity of my thoughtful, mystery admirer. Remember I told you someone had sent me a book by the Angry Chef? While At the party, old Scoggis came up to me and whispered into my ear that it was he who had seen the book and thought of me immediately. Very kind. Puzzle solved.

  All this is nothing more than a preamble though. What you're dying to hear about is the cake. Fortunately it survived the journey and even more fortunately, it was well received and very delicious. The mirror glaze not only looked good but tasted chocolatey. Many complements were directed my way and as confirmation of this, all slices of cake handed out and not discarded half eaten, as many flavourless, over-sweetened ones are. Job done.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts