Give a man a fish

  I don't know if you saw some of the crazy skies today. This afternoon I had to keep looking at the clock because I was convinced that it was so dark, it had to be a lot later. Not only was it dark but it was orange too. The picture below is a pretty useless representation as you can't get a sense of what it's like when your world turns dark orange at two in the afternoon but I thought you'd like it anyway as it makes a change from the usual pictures of cabbage.

  Let's assume the world isn't ending this week, which is quite an assumption, I know. What are you doing to prepare for your future food-wise. More specifically, what about helping others prepare? 
Image
This isn't sepia toned B&W pic, this is a colour photo.
  Oh, that reminds me, while chatting to Scoggis at the party, he was saying that there's never enough time to do all the cooking for the many sprog and the wife. I'll remind you as well as it may be it wasn't just he who had forgotten this little tip. Make too much. Do what you need to so you don't end up just loosing control and eating everything, but if you can manage that, then cooking more than you need is a great time saver. 

  More long term though, the best thing you can do to help someone else prepare for their future is to pass on your cooking skills. Buy someone a takeaway you feed them for a day, teach them to cook and you feed them for life. It's no different from the cliché I hinted at in the title though I may need to work on it so it sounds a bit catchier. Feel free to send in your suggestions.

  I may have made it my personal mission to share my cooking skills to as many folk as possible but you may not feel qualified. There is however a very good chance you have a captive audience and a vested interest in their learning to cook. I'm obviously referring to your family. And there's an extra layer of teaching available to you here. Setting the example to them that cooking is a necessary and normal part of your routine is one of the most valuable lessons they can learn. Who knows, they may even enjoy it too.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts