It would be rude not to

  I'll try to keep this brief cos it's way past my bedtime. As you're aware, I've been rattling on about ancient eating and the importance of cooking so it's funny that tonight's meal was mostly raw. Through a lucky turn of events I was punctually in the right place to be offered a seat at a special dinner. How could I refuse?

  Nobu have decided to open a spiffy hotel in Shoreditch, just down the road from me and were hosting a specially invited bunch to show off their new toy. One of the invitees couldn't go, so I went instead. To make things interesting, I was asked if I wanted to take his place half an hour before I had to be there. Fortunately I was presentably dressed so I was on time. I'll now cut to the chase.
Image
  Dinner was a seven course tasting menu. In the interests of brevity they were, scallops, sushi, lobster, tuna, turbot, wagu beef, chocolate matcha tart and chocolate matcha tart. Yes, you're right, that's eight, but someone didn't want their dessert and it would have been a waste.

  Hyperbole isn't sufficient to describe the meal. The highlights were the tuna, (more melty in the mouth than the candy floss in a unicorn's fantasy) and the lobster, (served with a truffle and miso broth that defied comprehension). The general consensus around the table was that it was impossible to eat anything again as it would only be a disappointment.

  I need to go and lie down now, not because it's so late but because I'm in shock and need to reassess my life. How could one meal be so delicious and...
and...

just everything?



Kirk blissed out.




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts