And the big news is...

  Fuck Christmas! there's a real celebration in town. Not only is this the only thing worth celebrating, but I've heard it said that the whole religious bollocks is a political version of the real thing. What nonsense am I babbling on about? Today's the shortest day of the year!!! So Yee-bastard-ha! and Whoopie-sodding-do!

  From here the days get longer and warmer, (err, not warmer quite yet. -Ed.), and it won't be long before I'm in my mankini, riding my motorbikes around with the wind blowing through what's left of my hair. As a special celebration I've a festive recipe to share with you in case you feel the urge to do a bit of cooking soon. Like on Monday for example.
Image
In case there was any confusion.
  My Revolting balls are, as I'm sure you're well aware, super delicious. This recipe is for more balls but these are savoury. You've got days to get organised so pay attention as I'm going to tell you about my Revolting stuffing balls.

  Gently cook a chopped onion and (white of) leek in butter and oil until soft. Towards the end, add some sage and chopped garlic. Remove from the heat and grate in an apple. Stir in some chopped chestnuts and some fresh white breadcrumbs, (not the dried stuff). Have a taste and adjust if necessary. When you're happy, add some sausage meat and mix it all well.

  Roll it into large golf ball size balls and for a nice crunchy texture, you can roll the balls in breadcrumbs. Place them on a greased baking sheet and cook at 170c for about 20-25 mins. (Drop the temperature to about 150c if the outside gets too brown). To give you an idea of how good these are, I'm making slow cooked pork on Monday and I'll be serving these on the side. Scrummy.
Roll on summer!




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts