Better than leeches

  Every opportunity will be taken to revel in my misery tonight. I've been in bed since yesterday and I'm particularly grumpy. This doesn't mean I can't be useful though as tonight's recipe will show, Helpful of not, a hot lemon and honey drink feels good to get down you but there is an art to making them.

  Firstly, you want it hot and it should be drunk as quickly as possible so it remains hot. However, vitamin C degrades with heat so certain methods must be employed. Alcohol is recommended, partly as it helps you get to sleep and partly as it's... Well, it's alcohol so I'm sure I don't need to explain.
Image
No particular reason.
  Start with a big spoon of honey. Honey coats the throat, suppressing a cough as well as being very tasty. The spoon has to be big enough to make lemon juice delicious, so don't be shy. Add a good measure of boiling water. This will dissolve the honey very efficiently. That was part one.

  Part two is optional, especially if you're going to be driving or operating heavy machinery. As you guessed, this is the booze part of the plan. I would recommend at least a double, (because you are trying to knock yourself out), and for flavour my suggestion is something like a whisky, whiskey, bourbon, dark rum or brandy. (Or all of them). The booze will also help cool the drink ready for the last step.

  Finally add the juice of a whole lemon. The drink will be cool enough to retain most of the benefits of the vitamin C while being hot enough to benefit you. Drinking as much fluid as possible while unwell is also helpful so getting a few of these in will help with that too. I've spent enough time on this so I'm off to make another, all this talk of drink has suddenly got me feeling a bit thirsty.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts