Off the leash

  As a little Brucie bonus, the management's away, my next door neighbour is deaf as a post and the upstairs one is away with family. This means the bass dial goes hard to starboard and the tech house mixes go on. If I close my eyes it feels like I'm surrounded by the relentless rhythm of industrial machinery with a pounding bassline and I couldn't be happier. For a little variety though, I'll be switching to happy hardcore at some point.

  This grinding monotonous beat does have the effect of making me very productive as my life is now operating at one twenty BPM, so today's missions are getting taken care of very rapidly. Presently I'm mostly making sweet things.
Image
Yes, I actually like this sort of thing.
  One of the projects for next year is flavoured nut butters. Think nutella but a variation that you'd be happy giving to your kids. At the moment the ingredients are basically nuts and fruit so you've an idea where I'm going. A nutella substitute made of nuts and fruit?! Yes, exactly. So watch this space.

​​​​​​​  I'm also doing a bit of prep for some dessert for Sunday night. I'm writing this while I'm in-between tasks so I haven't started yet but the plan is an apple and pear filling for a strudel type thing but with a hint of mince pie. As I haven't started yet, it's not much more than a vague destination but I've got enough of an idea that I can start the journey.

  The last task is only slightly sweet. This is also for NYE and though I've eaten so much pork recently that my DNA is probably more pig than human, I'm doing my slow roast pulled pork again. However, a request is a request and it is delicious. Right, that's enough chit-chat for one day. I'm back to bounce around the kitchen to happy hardcore at about 180 BPM. Chuuuuunne!



Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts