Back on track

  How can you stand the suspense? It feels like aeons ago that I started promoting the joys of roasted vegetables but then there was a gap in my guidance. I haven't forgotten how I'd left you hanging so without further ado, let's get back to it.

  As a bit of a recap, the upshot of what I'd said was that if you're not sure what to cook for dinner, cut up some veg and stick them in the oven with a bit of seasoning. It might be one or two or a huge selection and often it's just a case of seeing what there is and just cutting them up. As long as everything is cut so it will be cooked at the same time, you can't go too far wrong.
A little video I made to show how easy it can be.
  While the veg are cooking you can decide what to serve with them. In my experience, the delicious smells that start wafting around are all I need to find inspiration. The veg might be the centrepiece on your plate and just need a little company. In the video you can see a light dish with a bit of salad and hummus. It could have been some other paté, a bit of smoked mackerel or a couple of poached eggs.

  However, you may use the roasted veg as an accompaniment and serve them with a steak, some stew, a pie, some... (they get the idea. -Ed.). If you're looking for an alternative to potatoes, sweet potatoes are an excellent option and are really easy to roast. They are big favourite of mine as they're healthier than potatoes because of their lovely fibre content. I think I'll give you some recipes for them tomorrow.

  The other thing I recommend is to always make too much. There's a possibility you'll be unable to resist your amazing cooking and go back for seconds but it's more about making sure you've got some extra in the fridge for another day. Remember as well that there are loads of ways to season the veg before you roast them and by experimenting with new flavours you'll always have a lot of variety.
Catch you tomorrow with sweet potato recipes.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts