Ball central

  There's a good chance this will be utter gibberish but what do you care?, I'm sure you're quite used to my inane ramblings by now. If I'm honest, tonight's blog comes courtesy of two things. First, I don't want to deny you your nightly read and the other is that I need a sit down.

​​​​​​​  On Monday there's a promotion which includes my balls. For the record, I had called them my Revolting Balls but in the interest of selling more of them, I've decided to call them Gourmet Balls. See how much more delicious they sound already? The promotion was going to be for one day but then it suddenly jumped to two weeks. This meant a lot of balls.
Image
  I'm estimating that I will personally be hand rolling almost two and a half thousand of them, so this week has been a non stop ball festival and the funny thing is that I still haven't started rolling them. It has taken me until now to toast my nuts, blitz a mound of dried fruit, measure everything and blend all the ingredients into just the right consistency.

  Actually, when I press send on this blog, I'll start blending the last batch. To give you a little perspective, to blend all the of the seven kilos of ingredients that I need for each flavour takes about two hours and there are five flavours. As a result, I'm a bit battered and, like I said, I still need to roll them, put them in pots, label the pots, pack the pots up into boxes and deliver them. The deadline is Sunday evening.

  The hardest part is that as I've never done something like this, on this scale, it's really difficult to gauge how long it's all going to take. However, I'll probably be repeating the process next week so this has been a really useful fact finding exercise. I just can't wait until enough of the balls are being sold that I can get someone else to make them. Right, break time over, I've got to get back to my balls.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts