Despite the exhaustion


  One of the joys of using a host for the blog are all the lovely stats that come in. I generally don't look too deeply but something I discovered by curiously clicking and looking around is that I have a global audience, (which is nice), especially, for some reason, from Poland where it appears I have a load of readers. So a big 'Hi' to anyone reading this outside the UK and thanks for reading.

  Anyway, I write this at the end of what feels like a very long but productive couple of weeks. I've been on my feet for an usually large amount of that time and am nicely battered. I'm giving myself the night off to relax before I spring up tomorrow morning and get back to it. You may be feeling the same way after a long week of your own and I'm hoping my example inspires you to still find the energy to cook.
Image
The raw...
  The picture above is, as you well know, of soon to be roasted vegetables. I promise I didn't cook them to make a point. They are genuinely what I turn to to form the backbone of a simple and tasty meal. For a giggle, I chopped up the veg and took the first picture before I put them in the oven and I'm hoping the picture below will show some evenly cooked vegetables. If I've been able to do that then it means I was able to cut everything to the correct size to ensure an equal cooking time. How will I handle the pressure?
Image
...and the cooked
  The plan was to serve the roasted veg with some quinoa, which I had made a couple of days ago and left in the fridge, and some pan fried prawns with garlic and lemon juice. Though the end result will be a healthy plate full of variety and flavours, it will have been easy.

​​​​​​​  And that's the message from tonights missive; for a small amount of effort you are able to produce something that ticks all the boxes. Once you're in the habit of opening the fridge and rummaging in your vegetable supply, you'll find it easy to rustle something up without much effort that puts a tasty and nutritious meal on the table. As a bonus,I happen to be writing this to you in the time the veg are cooking but think of what you could be doing while your veg are cooking.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts