Dreaming of my bed

  Today was a mixed bag. I managed to work out that I could use the mincer attachment on my kenwood chef to help with the ball production. It sped things up immensely so I was a super happy man. However, it wasn't all plain sailing.

  Today's picture is of one of the casualties as well as a solution. On the right, a chewed handle. On the left you can see how I worked out how to safely use a wooden spoon to poke the mix into the chute without filling the balls with splinters, but the steep learning curve involved losing a not insubstantial amount of mix to make sure there were no splinters in any of the balls as well as a lot of time to clean and reassemble everything. Oh well, I live and learn.
Image
  I then hit a snag with one of the mixes because it wasn't happy being pushed through the mincer. I ended up having to do it the old fashioned way but it set the schedule back so as I write to you it's twenty past ten and I've got one last mix to 'mince' before I go to bed or I'll be way behind tomorrow.

  Right, I'm off to do the last batch and my fingers are tightly crossed that it will go through the mincer or I'll be up till dawn doing it by hand. I've got a video of the process involving the mincer but It's too late for me to post it tonight so come back tomorrow for a glimpse.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts