Just checking

  Before I get on to the main topic, I thought I'd follow up yesterday's post with a picture and some info about cooking veg. You can see a pan below which has just come up to the boil. To make it easier for you to see the process, I put the butter in just before I took the picture. 

  There's quite a bit of water in there so I had the heat up high to boil it away quickly and to flavour it, instead of sweetness as I had suggested yesterday, I squeezed in the juice of half a lemon and put in a thinly sliced clove of garlic. Unlike yesterday's dish, which I mixed with quinoa, this was served as a delicious side on its own.
Image
  It has been an oversight on my part to not mention a little technique which can make serving up a lot less stressful. Actually, I may have told you in the past but as I've written so many of these, who knows what I've told you.

  There are times when you may be preparing a number of dishes to go on the plate but don't want to overcook them or have them go cold before they get served up and it's almost impossible to have each dish finish cooking at just the right moment. The solution may sound obvious but I'm going to tell you anyway.

  While you're nearing the end of cooking, flick the oven on to 80c. (If you're using the oven already, just drop the temperature). As each dish becomes ready, just pop it in the oven. This may need a bit of organisation either by shuffling the shelves around to make sure there's space or by putting a couple of dishes in the same bowl to make more room. I'm sure you'd work it out now I've sown the seed but there's a good chance you knew this already.
​​​​​​​



Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts