There's no substitute for cubes

  If you're sensible enough to own a motorbike, the title of today's post will probably sound familiar. For a great many of the two wheeled squad, finding the perfect steed means finding a tarmac sled that scares the pants off you. As much as weight and handling are a factor when choosing, at the end of the day it's the size of the engine that matters. This is measured in cubic centimetres, (Harleys are measured in cubic inches and don't count cos they're shit), and the more cubic centimetres, (or cubes) you have, the better.

  Yesterday I told you I would tell you some sweet potato recipes but I lied. Instead I'm going to tell you about my balls. Next week there's a big promotion of my delicious Revolting Balls, (more details on my website, www.RevoltingFood.com) and I'm presently making a massive batch. This involves blitzing and blending almost thirty five kilos of nuts and dried fruit, a task that has seen me buy a food processor especially for the job. But not just any food processor.
Image
Mind your fingers.
  Liquifying fifteen kilos of sticky dried fruit is the equivalent of SAS training for most food processors. Few of them would be able to complete it, and though my bad boy is finding the going tough, he's up to the task. All of the electric food blenders, mixers and processors have motors with a measurement of their power, but the units are watts instead of cubes. The more watts, the less effort the motor uses to do the task.

  To give you some context, your food processor will be (I hope) about seven fifty to a thousand watts. This is quite sufficient and is nothing to be ashamed of. This brute is two thousand watts. As monstrous as this sounds that's way bigger than most commercial models found in restaurants and I'm not sure why it's been built because unless you're making lots of energy balls or grinding gravel into sand, it's totally overkill.

  Truth be told, I'm writing this while I'm letting the motor cool down as it was roasting hot. I'll tell you the recipes for sweet potatoes tomorrow so come back then and get some inspiration. Right now I'm heading back to the kitchen obliterate some dates with my kitchen equivalent of a bored out Kawasaki H2R. Scary.

  
  


Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts