Why haven't you?

  Luckily for you I haven't run out of enthusiasm for writing about the joys of roasted vegetables, (#NotAgain! -Ed.) and there's a good chance that enthusiasm isn't going to wane in the near future either. You may be a convert, in which case you may already have your own support group, but assuming you're yet to be convinced there's more to tell.

  An esteemed guest came for lunch and though I wanted to go the whole nine yards, I had a very busy morning so was cooking in a small time window. A request had been made for my delicious pork stuffing balls (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-ymfSwAgk&t=4s) and though I was happy to oblige, this further cut down my cooking time. Efficiency was called for.

  As an aside, I think I need to come up with a sexier name for the pork stuffing recipe, especially as I recommend it for so many things besides stuffing. Now, back to the story. As most of my morning was spent making the balls, I needed quick accompaniments. What could I do?
Image
Gap at 4 o'clock ready for kimchi.
  First on the list was sweet potatoes. I grabbed three small ones, ensuring there would be some leftovers, and cut them into small bite-sized pieces. They got chucked into a pan with some salt, coconut oil and zataar before joining the balls in the oven. They would only need a little stir half way through, so for very little effort I would get maximum results.

  Joining them on the plate was some quinoa that got reheated with some paprika, and a bunch of cavalo nero, (black kale), that was pulled off it's stalk, shredded and steamed before being tossed with some garlic and pine nuts. As a special treat I found the last of some pulled pork in my freezer as a little extra, (you can see it hiding under the spring onions).

  As delicious as this all sounds, the point of today's story is the ease and efficacy of roasting vegetables. While the weather is doing its best to make our lives miserable, let some lovely roasted veg bring a yummy warm hug into your life. Come back tomorrow for more roasted veg raving.

  




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts