No surprises

  Can you believe that today was the first day I woke up and felt like a human again. As well as feeling miserable, I'm also aware that you've had to put up with some second rate drivel from me as I know my ability to stay inspired as well as string a half decent sentence has been seriously impaired. Thanks for hanging in there.

  There's a good chance you caught the big headlines today. It was another story regarding the evil that is ultra processed food. In brief, the results of a French lab study showed a rise in cancer for those eating ultra processed food. They were quick to point out that the study was incomplete so the results were said to be indicative rather than conclusive.
Image
Bananas with proper wrapping.
  As far as shocking scientific results go, it's right up there with, sun found to be source of heat. It would be a brave scientist who tried to publish a study raving about the health benefits of ultra processed food so nothing has changed. And I know you're as surprised as I am so it's shrugs all round.

  As usual, the conclusion is that as long as you only eat a little ultra processed food and make sure you're eating lots of fresh, home cooked food, you'll be ok so what does all this mean? Well, 'fuck all' would be my assessment.  The food industry has no interest in letting the status quo change and the folk who are most likely to be affected by this sort of thing are happy to live in ignorant bliss.

  That's all from me for tonight. I'm off to the bike show tomorrow so expect me to be burbling about two wheeled toys and the usual shit food that is on offer for everyone visiting the excel exhibition centre. 




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts