Back to it

  After the big celebrations of last night's moments milestone, it's back to work. You may remember that for a while there were some fairly regular appearances at a place called Blank 100 where I was cooking some supper clubs. The place is under new management but the old boss passed on my details. Superb news.

  This Wednesday there is a group who have booked the space as a private venue where they can have a product launch then wine and dine their guests. There will be twenty six, which is a lovely number as it's not too many, but it's enough to have me put my thinking cap on so I'm nice and organised.
Enthusiastic members of Team Scoggis getting busy making a massive batch of yummy energy balls, including the new Gnotella flavour.
Keep up the great work!
  I'll not give too much away at this point, by which I mean the menu, as I've got three days of lists, prep and cooking ahead of me so there's going to be plenty of time for getting you up to speed with all of that. Just for fun, one element of the main course is something I don't do a lot. I thought that to give me some practice, sharpen my skills and otherwise pointlessly take up a huge amount of my valuable time, I'd include it in the menu.

  It is fried risotto, and while it often comes as arancini, which are ball shaped, I'm going to do it as a big stick, a bit like a fish finger. The reason it's so time consuming is because there are so many stages. First, make a risotto, then cool and set it in trays, cut it into sticks, cover each stick in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and finally deep fry the sticks. There are going to be two sticks per person and just to be sure I'll make a total of sixty.

  As I read that back I can't help but think I've created a lot more work for myself than I needed to, though when I wake up on Thursday I'm sure I'll have forgotten all about how much faffing about I did. And on that note, I'm off to do a bit of shopping. If I can make the risotto and get it setting today that's a huge job done. 

Enthusiastic members of Team Scoggis getting busy making a massive batch of yummy energy balls including the new Gnotella flavour. Keep up the great work!



Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts