Just add sunshine

  Seeds are miraculous. They are capable of lying dormant for ages in completely inhospitable conditions, biding their time patiently, showing no signs of life. Then, with only the most basic, essential ingredients they spring into life. Seeds come in many forms and it is worth thinking about how much of our diet revolves around them.

  Peas, peanuts, wheat, corn and mange tout as well as the obvious pumpkin and sunflower seeds are just a few. The energy they contain in the form of carbohydrates, fuel our lives. But there's another seed that will be the focus of tonight's thread. This is particularly relevant because of the events of this weekend.
1200cc of fear inducing, high tech perfection.
  You may have been lucky enough to have basked in a few rays of beautifully warming sunshine today and as you're probably aware, the clocks change on Sunday. These are all signs of the impending blooming and blossoming of spring. There are signs already that spring is here, I saw a couple of fat bumble bees going about their business today and this weekend there is another occurrence that is a sure of spring's arrival.

  It all starts tomorrow when I head south to sunny Croydon where I shall be having a test ride on an Aprillia Tuono. (See above picture for more details). My journey continues south where I shall be joining other members of my little swarm where we shall while the night away in readiness for Sunday when we blast our way west. Just thinking about this makes me dizzy with joy.

  Someone pointed out today that I appeared high. It's true, I've been absolutely buzzing all day and I realised I'm like a seed. I rest over winter, inert and dormant waiting for the first signs of warming sun and as soon as the clocks change and the days warm up, I'm alive again.
If you don't hear from me again, I died happy.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts