Star pupil

  After a gap of a few months, I went to the home of Mr Scoggis for a cuppa and a chin wag. He is one of the few people who I know who really uses me as a cooking resource, picking my brains for more than just recipes. He really wants to know how food works. Highly impressive!

  On one of his worktops I noticed the tubs you see in the picture below. At first, as I scanned the room lazily taking in the familiar surroundings, they didn't attract my attention but as I sat there sipping my tea, and paying more attention, the glaringly obvious occurred to me, they were defrosting!
  We joked that he had put them there for my benefit but the truth was that he had been paying attention to my pontificating and taking my advice on board. Top marks! The conversation continued in a culinary vein and various recipes were discussed from a technical perspective. Gold star!

  He then told me about his experimentation and recipe tweaking. You can imagine I was beside myself with joy at the gung-ho enthusiasm I was hearing about. I'm still reeling from the experience. To top it off, a while ago I have spent a jolly old time with him and his magic sprog of joy doing cooking things. We will all be doing the cooking thing again soon which takes him to the top of the class.

  If you're feeling that it's unfair that he is getting all the praise and that you're far more deserving of the teacher's pet trophy then I'm very happy to hear why you merit the top spot. So write in and let me hear about what it is you're up to in the kitchen. Remember I will be handing out extra points for getting kids involved.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts