Swings and roundabouts

  On a whim I had included a breaded risotto on the menu, then last night I realised that I hadn't thought things through. I knew it would be labour intensive but had underestimated how long or how tiring it would be. What a numpty.

  At eleven last night, after three hours of rolling and dipping ever softening lumps of risotto, I put them in the freezer to firm up, cleared up and went to bed where I tossed and turned about how to cook them and if I could do it straight from the freezer. Normally, they would get deep fried but that would also take ages. Fortunately, I am able to bake them frozen, as I just found out by cooking a spare. Phew!
Here's a glimpse of the debris coated production line.
  Moving swiftly on to dessert and the star of the show. Amazingly, the tarte fine aux pommes in the bottom picture, as phenomenal as it looks, isn't that star, but the contraption above it is.

  Thanks to that little gizmo, which peels, cores and slices the apple in one quick twirl of the handle, I was able to claw back some of the time I wasted fannying about like a bell-end last night with rice enriched Play-Doh. There's no doubt the apples would have taken an extra month if I'd had to do it the old fashioned way.
  Before you recoil in fear that I'm about to sell you one, relax. I don't have shares in a factory that produces them and I'm not going to post a link to one of my sponsors, but if you are interested and you can't find one on eBay, from China, for the price of a cup of tea, get in touch and I'll point you in the right direction because I genuinely cannot recommend them highly enough.

  Right, break time over (for me), I've a dinner to cook and serve. There'll be pictures tomorrow with a report so come back and check it out.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts