Counting down

  The clock is running out on my time here as I'm catching a plane to morrow morning. Besides the photo below, which I took last night, I'm not going to gloat. Reflecting on my time here, the most remarkable aspect of my journey has definitely been my experimental diet.

  As I said yesterday, I lost half a stone in two weeks and it didn't involve any starving or hunger pangs. I've never experienced anything like it. Let's see how things go when I get back to the big smoke with regards to seeing how much I eat as I seem to have hardly eaten anything while I've been here.
  In second spot for the most remarkable aspect of the trip is the phenomenal slow grilled meat. It's worth the journey just for this but as that's not the most practical solution, I'm going to have to think about finding a way to recreate it at home. All I need to do is keep some embers glowing for two to three hours. How hard can it be?

  Once I'm home, I'm going to explore confidence. It seems to me that this could be the most valuable tool for a lot of people who claim they can't cook. Invariably, they have more skills than they profess but are just a bit timid. If you think this describes you, I'd love to hear from you as it would be a shame if that's all the stands in your way.

  Watch this space for developments as well as updates on the low carb, high fat diet. Other exciting news includes the possibility of a new motorbike for one of my posse but I'm pretty sure you don't give a toss about that. Yassas, as the locals say.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts