From the coal face

  The restaurant last night was a delight. The main reason for that was that I had expected a lot of people to be joining us, as is usually the way. It ends up being a lot of meaningless small talk so I was overjoyed to find only five of us round the table. As my friend is Dutch with rudimentary Greek skills, finding out what was available, (they don't have menus) was interesting. 

  I decided on chicken chops. No, I'd never heard of them either so ordered them out of curiosity and because they were recommended. My guess from what arrived, (see below), is that the chicken is butchered in a random way and whatever bits appear are put on the grill. I don't need to tell you how delicious it was, you can guess but the most remarkable thing is that I didn't eat one of the tempting looking chips. Why? you might ask.
  And it's a good question. You may remember I had been talking about the low carb, high fat diet I had been reading a lot about, and that my plan was to give it a try. There are many benefits that are attributable to eating this way, but what would actually happen?

  The main reason that many people follow this is for the weight loss, and after less than two weeks, I have melted away a very noticeable half a stone or three kilos. I was pretty amazed. Another very noticeable effect was to my energy levels. Without carbs there are no sugar spikes or crashes, just a very constant supply of energy with no afternoon snoozy periods.

  The last thing that is really noticeable is my lack of hunger. What gets written about a lot is that when you eat this way, meal times go out of the window and you just listen to your body cos it will tell you if it wants to eat. It's not a case of fats being filling, it's more like they are sustaining. Even a simple lunch of a big mixed salad with oils in the form of avocado, feta cheese and olive oil keeps me going for hours without feeling the tiniest bit peckish. I'm going to continue doing this for a while longer so I'll be back later to tell you more.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts