Peckish or not too peckish

  The really crazy thing about this low carb, high fat diet (Banting) is the whole hunger issue. In everything I'd read before and since I started, there is always an emphasis on how hunger changes. You know what? They're not wrong. 

​​​​​​​  Take today for example, when I woke up I wasn't hungry. That's pretty normal for me and as I'm an early riser I'd been up for a while before I had a nibble at just after nine o'clock of half an apple and a small handful of hazelnuts. The only other things I consumed were a cup of coffee and a herb tea until three o'clock. Three o'bastardclock!​​​​​​​
  By that time I was definitely ready to eat so I knocked up the little feast you can see above. Remember this meal is low carb and high fat so it consisted of eggs and bacon, smoked salmon, fried aubergine, sautéed mushrooms with steamed cavalo nero, and avocado. 

  A big part of the guidance is not to eat after you feel full so I didn't even finish. It's almost eleven and all I've eaten since the big meal at three is the rest of the plate, a half an avocado and some more nuts. It's so weird. I've got loads of energy, I haven't had any hunger nor any periods of drowsiness.

  There's no point being made here, I just wanted to report what's going on and let you know. I'm on course to keep going until the end of the week at least so you can be sure there's going to be more news to come. If I'm honest though, I do like eating and I kind of miss it a bit. Let's see.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts