Happy hens

  Buckle up cos there's lots to tell and I'm in a bit of a hurry. Last things first, I'm now the owner of a new old car. It's nothing exciting, basically a newer version of the car I used to own. However, there is a bit of tech that managed to raise an eyebrow. Have a look at this and let me know what you can see.
To infinity, and beyond! Eventually.
  If you're mechanically inclined you might recognise a turbo unit in the bottom left of the picture. If you don't know about such things, this squeezes a little extra power from the car's tiny engine. The upshot is that though this model has a slightly smaller engine than my last car, it certainly has more oomph. Before you start getting excited though, as a bit of context, the car produces the same amount of power as my motorbike but weighs nine times as much. Tee hee giggle!

  On to important things now and a quick report form last night's hen party excitement. Fortunately I was insanely organised so I was in super chilled mode all night and loving the joy of the opportunity to be creative. You may remember that the hen follows a FODMAP diet so I was very tightly restricted with the ingredients I could use. Fortunately, there is a fair amount of similarity with my Banting regime so I could hit the ground running. But have a look at this lot and I'll tell you all about it...
Hen food
  To cut to the chase, I made quinoa with all sorts of things in it, some potatoes covered in a spicy spinach, roasted aubergines with zataar, chicken with chermoula, roasted peppers, fine green beans with sun dried tomatoes and to follow there was a tray of my ridiculously irresistible white chocolate blondies. I should mention that the blondies are not FODMAP friendly so for the hen I made an almond cream and a berry coulis with fresh blueberries, which got me an enormous amount of brownie points (no pun intended). It was bursting with flavour and I was very happy with everything.

  Most importantly though, everyone else was super happy with the food and though I was invited to party the night away, I politely made my excuses and slipped away for what sleep I could get before getting up at the crack to go buy a car. Looks like I'm not very good at writing 'quick' blog posts, which is particularly funny as I'm eating into my motorcycling time which...

  Oops, there I go again. I'll be back tomorrow to tell you all.


PS, very important bit of info to add. As I know bugger all about cars, I used the services of a mobile mechanic whom a friend recommended. Even if you think you know about cars, you will DEFINITELY benefit from his expertise, so if you're thinking of buying a used car, get in touch and I'll give you his details



Kirk out



RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts