How remiss of me

  Last year I was first out of the blocks with all the enthusiasm of a (struggles to think of a useful example so just carries on...) and I had my barbecue dusted off and fired up sometime in February or March. This year has been a festival of complacency by comparison, as a quick glance at your calendar will tell you.

  There's no denying the shame I feel telling you it has taken me this long to get myself grilling outdoors. While it's true the weather has been pretty crap, that's not enough of an excuse. However, as the picture below will demonstrate, I feel I may have redeemed myself somewhat with my sterling effort.
  Alongside the salad, which clearly hasn't been anywhere near the glowing furnace, is a platter of aubergines with zataar and pomegranate, some haloumi cheese and courgettes with parmesan. The other platter has trout slathered in chermoula and some chorizo. The small bowls contain a quick pickled slaw and some of my home brewed kimchi.

  You'd be right to think the hordes had descended with that amount of food but the truth is that there were only three of us. We made a big dent in it but there were still loads of leftovers, (all now gone, unsurprisingly). But no matter, as part of my making up for time wasted, I'll be firing her up again soon to cook the tuna steaks that happen to be languishing in my fridge as I type.

  And what an appropriate day for a celebration it is today, as I'm sure you'll agree. Momentous occasions, such as this one don't come along that often and it's a real joy for us to be able to share the happy day together. There's no doubt that in many years time you'll be able to look back and fondly recall what you were doing on the same day that marked the time I achieved three years of non stop daily blog posting. (Just more of your utter narcissistic toss. It's a miracle anyone reads this drivel. -Ed.)




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts