Laying it bare

  This isn't a subject I've shared here before, probably because I don't want to be a burden, but I thought it may be useful. If you've been following my recent fun travails you'll know that after an action packed weekend, I took today off to frolic with one of my homies and our motorbikes.

  We did about a hundred and fifty miles across beautiful countryside in amazing weather, ending up at the gastropub of another friend where we relaxed and chatted for ages, enjoying the tranquility of the peaceful, picturesque valley where the pub is nestled. Our friend even joined us when we left, riding with us through more beautiful countryside until we reached the motorway home. Could you imagine a finer, more ideal day for me?
What's not to like?
  As soon as we all said our goodbyes and rode off in different directions through the warm evening air, the sadness fully enveloped me and accompanied me home. As I was riding back, I thought to myself, depression is a funny thing. I'd have been hard pressed to find a more splendid way to spend the day yet here I am feeling empty and sad when I have no reason to.

  And this is what life is like for me and many others sometimes. What helps me is talking about it so I don't feel so alone and remembering that though I never know how long I'll feel like this, it will definitely go away and I'll feel my normal self again. Until then, I just ride it out.​​​​​​​ Another thing that can help me is cooking so as soon as I've sent this, I'll be heading to my kitchen to take my mind off things.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts