Make it stop

  If you listen very carefully you can probably just make out a grinding noise. Like the strained whine of an overheated gearbox with cogs that are a bit too dry so scrape painfully as they are forced to rub awkwardly past each other. That's the fairly uncomfortable noise of my brain being forced to turn itself inside out.

  The task it has been set is learning software that allows the creation and manipulation of objects in three dimensions. You're correct if that sounds familiar, this is the same software you heard about last week but I'm getting to the stage where it's getting quite subtle and sophisticated. The best analogy for my discomfort is that I feel like I've been put in a small box filled with ants, wearing boxing gloves and a blindfold
where my only way out is if I solve a rubik's cube.
Stress busting and healthy too.
  There are, without doubt, hoards of designers who have spent years doing this sort of thing and know all the clever shortcuts and are totally fluent in all the subtle differences between, for example, clicking once, twice or three times when highlighting an object, (a particularly excruciating feature), but I'm light years form that place and feeling every centimetre of the journey I'm on towards it.

  The chances are that this of no interest to you whatsoever, and for that I apologise, but I needed to take my head out of that ant filled room before I snapped my laptop in two and beat myself round the head with both halves until I couldn't feel the pain anymore.

  Phew! Pent up steam released so I'll just knock up a little salad for supper and get back to it. This may not be the last time you hear about this, I've given myself the rest of the week to get familiar with it so expect lots of screechy, grinding, squeaking and grating type noises to waft your way.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts