A stiff reprimand

  A Couple of nights ago I got home about 2am and sent a very short post where I (apparently) said I would fill you in after my much needed beauty sleep. Yesterday I told you about roasted tomatoes and as a result I got an earful for leaving you hanging. Fortunately it's relevant so I'll fill you in.

  I'm helping a friend set up a new business venture which involves a fancy new piece of equipment and lots of manual labour. However, the equipment is a bit complicated and at the moment we are spending a lot of time learning to use it and troubleshoot as we go along. Until Wednesday when it refused to cooperate. This was very frustrating as we couldn't finish the job we had started so after some excessive fanning around, I ended up getting to bed at 2am.

  I was back with him today so we could try to get it to work with the help of the manufacturer's (very helpful) technical department. Unfortunately, as we only had the bloke on the phone and not in front of the gizmo, he couldn't help us to get the machine working. The next stage will be a visit from a technician and until then we will have to wait to find out if the machine is faulty or we are muppets.
Fun and scrummy
  How is this relevant, as I asserted at the beginning? Because after a long, physical day of endless frustration, I got home and cooked. This is not a brag, just a little encouragement that might get you to try and find the practice of cooking a relaxing pastime instead of a chore.

  I'm convinced that our associations with cooking go back a long way, on top of which the food industry wants us to believe cooking is a drudge. These are the main things that conspire against our ability to connect with cooking as a pleasure and need to be challenged. Are you open to this idea or resistant?

  I waited until I had finished cooking so I could take tonight's picture and if all went to plan it was grilled aubergine with a tomato sauce (made with anchovies, mushrooms, onions and olives) covered with parmesan served with a salad with grilled haloumi.
As enjoyable to cook as it was to eat.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts