Alive and kicking

  If you're reading this then  you can rest assured that we got to our destination without any detours via A&E. Not only that but it was a fabulous day's riding and the only drama was that one of the gang had bought a spiffy pair of boots just before coming on the trip and it turned out they were a bit uncomfortable. What a magnificent and very appropriate way to celebrate the longest day, non stop riding through hundreds of miles of stunning European countryside. And there's more to come. Yeehaa!

  To add to that, this weekend is my opportunity to throw caution to the wind and eat whatever I want. Proudly, yesterday was a concerted effort to undo all the good work I've been doing for the last few weeks with all sorts of things so unfamiliar to my digestive system that it's going through the same levels of adjustment one would experience if you had been marooned on a lush desert island eating only the limited available produce and were eventually rescued by an American cruise chip with ninety four all-you-can-eat buffets on board.
Say hello to my little friend.
  In the same way that getting the body to transition from being a carb burning machine to a fat burning one takes about forty eight hours, it certainly feels like a similar process is underway and I'm pretty sure I can hear my gut bacteria holding emergency talks to find out what the hell just happened and if I've been taken hostage by Donald Trump who is making me share his food.

  This is not to say I'm suffering. While yesterday was as much about quantity as well as quality, it was also about food cooked/manufactured by others. Now we've arrived and unpacked, the next mission is a visit to the local supermarket so I can load up the kitchen and get cooking.

  As I write this it's half past four in the morning (don't ask, I'm an early riser and a bit bonkers) so by the time you read this I'll have found out what I cooked, but right now, I have a day of culinary possibilities ahead and all I can think of is my new friend in the garden, (pictured above) who will definitely be getting involved with the cooking at some point.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts