Gone fishing

  Such is the level of my excitement that this was written a week ago in anticipation of needing to have my ducks in a row before I saddled up for the annual jaunt. Sorry, I'm assuming you know what the hell I'm on about so let me explain.

  Every year a few of us biker types set off with our trusty steeds in search of wild roads that need taming. The destination is always the same sort of area in the Ardennes as it's full of twisty tarmac, beautiful countryside and twisty tarmac. (I think I may have mentioned the twisty tarmac more than once before but bear with me as I'm obviously distracted.)
Image
Random gratuitous picture of my livestock botherer.
  If it wasn't enough to be spending four days between a charming house in the middle of the German countryside and burning petrol and rubber while we scare the local livestock, there is an added bonus, I do the cooking. Though it may seem like a chore to most, I relish the opportunity. 

  As the first day is a lot of riding and we generally arrive late and don't want to have to then organise shopping and cooking, we find a local restaurant and let someone else take care of us. After then, I roll up my sleeves and get busy. 

  Well before we go, I'll have thought about menus and shopping lists as well as what toys to bring to help me out in the kitchen. Generally a knife or two and more recently I've found that bringing a pair of long skewers enables me to spatchcock a chicken, ready for a BBQ. Don't worry though, I'll still be transmitting daily reports so stay tuned.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts