May contain carbs.

  There's no 'may' about it, the picture below is a festival of carbs in a box and it has been presented because it was my last splurge before another round of LCHF. As fascinating as the whole low carb story is, you can forget about it tonight. This is about unrestrained indulgence.

  For some reason, as I was riding back to London yesterday, I felt a hankering for fish and chips. At the end of a long day in the saddle it seemed like a perfect treat but this always raises a question, who do I trust to do the frying?
  Since forever, there has been a very good chippy a few minutes walk from my house.Though they have changed hands since I moved in, the quality has always been very good. I haven't been there for a while and since I was last there, they had a massive refurb. This was my first time back and I wasn't sure if it had changed hands again.

  Fortunately it is still run by the same reliable folks and the quality is still very high with just cooked cod getting served up with a light, crisp batter, accompanied by great chips. There are just two more things to say. Firstly, who are they and where can you find them? Faulkner's (http://www.faulknersfishandchips.co.uk/) 424-426 Kingsland road, Dalston. Go and check them out, you'll thank me for it.

​​​​​​​  Lastly, and I apologise if you already know this, but unless you absolutely have to, never wrap or box up a portion of fish and chips. Why do I say this? Because the crispy batter is sensitive and if it sits in a steamy atmosphere the delicate crispness will soften and disappoint. The same applies to the chips. I know it's not always convenient but if you appreciate the difference, it's worth the effort.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts