Prize winners

  After a little dietary excursion over the weekend, I'm back to low carbs. But only till the end of Wednesday. I'm pretty sure if I carry on with this too-ing and fro-ing my metabolism will riot or call a strike. What do I care?, I'm only a guinea pig in a freakish experiment with a laboratory for a body. Friends of the Earth will be along to liberate me one of these days.

​​​​​​​  While I remember, there is the small matter of the spot the difference competition from last week and the announcement of the grand prize winner. The deluxe probe thermometer was won by the very observant Mrs. Doris Scoggis. She's a well deserving winner as I know she's a keen fan of the BBQ.
  We were talking recently and she was lamenting the problems of cooking pork. On the one hand, overcooked pork is one of the worst punishments known to humans. It's a particularly resilient substance, and why it gets served up as food instead of being put to good use as a bulletproof vest beats the hell out of me.

  However, while overcooked pork is a punishment, undercooked pork is a life sentence. Fortunately I've not eaten any nor, a lot more importantly, served any. And long may this record remain unblemished. In between the aforementioned rock and hard place is the delightful world of perfectly cooked pork. And that's where the thermometer comes in.

  Congratulations to Doris and her new toy. Commiserations to the rest of you, especially Jennifer and her silly motorcycle who came in a very close second. Before I go, above is the lunch I served to my exceptionally lucky nephews who nibbled a bit of it and turned their noses up at the rest. 




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts