That old chestnut

  It's probably time for another update on my ongoing experiment with things I push down my cakehole. As you've heard, I'm looking at the effects of massively reducing my carb intake and increasing my fat intake accordingly. Of the six nutrition groups we consume, fat and carbs are our sources of energy and I'm basically swapping one for the other.

  There are a number of reasons people do this and the most noticeable one is weight loss. While I'm happy to shed extra pounds, there are other effects which range from the interesting to the very useful. One in particular is of more interest to me than losing weight and that is to do with gut health.
No, let's not.
  Over two years ago, following a massive course of antibiotics, I learned first hand how sensitive the microbes living in our guts are. As I've written many times on these blog posts, my skin broke out and after some investigations it turned out the cause was the antibiotics and the diagnosis was rosacea. 

  Putting the microbes back to a place of balance requires a pretty drastic change in diet, something I've been doing since I worked out what was going on. The reason I mention all this is because it just so happens that the low carb high fat diet ticks most of the boxes that a gut health diet asks for.

  Which finally brings me back to the point of this post, an update on the current experiment. My face is my gauge for my gut health and while it is constantly changing, I would go out on a limb and say that the overall state of my boat race has improved since this started in late March. As the plan is to continue with the LCHF routine in some form for a while, I'll be looking out for further improvements. I'm not quite at the point of counting my chickens quite yet but it's certainly encouraging and an unexpected benefit of all the effort I've put in.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts