A gentleman's gentleman.

  This feels like a rather significant post. The celebration from yesterday was because I now have a job. While you've heard about all the cooking related stuff that I get up to, it wasn't consistent enough. Other avenues were being explored with the idea of returning to cooking as an earner when the coffers were a bit fuller. 

 Out of the blue, a friend who knew about my plans, said I should work for him. He's a busy guy and struggles with the tiny amount of hours in each day. He knows I love finding solutions, solving problems and being generally helpful so it made sense. It sounded perfect so I jumped straight in.
No longer what I am but something I do.
  Today was the second day of my engagement and it could not have been more enjoyable. Yesterday, while going through his schedule, he realised there was going to be a meeting of a few people and they would need to eat. You can see where this is going, can't you? How ironic that I start a new career direction doing what I used to do.

  The meeting is tomorrow, but as there are going to be thirteen expectant mouths the cooking started today. Above you can see the stock that will become an autumn miso soup, yet as excited as I am about the food there's another issue that sprang to mind to discuss.

  While I am not my job, the question, 'what do you do?' always get's the reply, 'I'm a chef.' What stopped me in my tracks was that I realised that was changing. I still cook and love cooking but I'm not sure I'm a chef, (for now, anyway). This prompted another thought, would I continue to write this every day? For now the answer is yes. In the future? Well, watch this space. However, it feels appropriate that dinner for thirteen is my swan song.





Kirk out



RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts