Tantalisingly close

  You're not going to hear about tonight's massive feast until tomorrow as I'm sure that all I'll be interested in is collapsing as the guests are finally ushered out into the cold night air. Instead, I've taken a little time out from the mounds of prep to tell you all about it.

  Besides the enormous volume of food that is being created for the dinner for thirteen, another thought just wafted in my head. As this is the last supper I'll be making as I switch career paths, it seems appropriate that there will be thirteen at the table. Anyway, it's been a while since I've catered for that many from home and there's lots to do. Which means just one thing.
Organised chaos
  You've guessed it, lists. Surrounding me at the table are reams of paper, all covered in scrawl. The only way I'll be able to elegantly answer the door and usher everyone in without looking like a startled rabbit is because all I'll be trying to remember is everyone's name and not some garbled plan that has totally unravelled in my head.

  At this late stage, it's mainly about which garnish goes on which dish and in what order to start warming stuff up but that's enough to calm me more than a bottle of Xanax washed down with a large mug of cocoa.

  As calm as all of this helps me be, if I sit around writing this for much longer the panic attacks will start up in earnest, so if you'll excuse me there's a bit of chopping to be done. With any luck I'll actually remember to take a couple of pictures for tomorrow. In fact, I should add it to my list.


  


Kirk out



RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts